Saturday 31 March 2012

Tangy Sweet Corn salad



We all love American corn. Healthy and tasty!!! But I'm not a big fan of the corn sold in theaters and malls. I find the salted ones too plain, and the flavored ones, too buttery and artificially flavoured. So, I have my own corn salad recipe. Everybody in my family likes this salad. My husband is not very fond of salads but even he likes this one because it has a tangy taste. I serve it as a starter with bites of salad leaves or some times use it as filler for canopies. This one is for my friends who like it hot and spicy...





Ingredients

1 tbsp oil/Butter
 2 cups packed American sweet corn
1 Green capsicum seeded and diced
1 Small red chili seeded and diced
2 Spring onions sliced
15 Cherry tomatoes halved
Chopped parsley/ green coriander
Salt and ground black pepper as per taste


For dressing

½ tsp brown sugar
1-1/2 tbsp white wine vinegar
½ tsp Dijon mustard
1 tbsp chopped fresh mint leaves
1 tbsp low fat mayonnaise or hung yogurt
¼ tsp chili sauce (if you like it spicy increase the quantity of chili sauce)


Directions


Sauté the sweet corn, green capsicum, chili and spring onions in oil for 5 minutes till the corn become soft. Keep the flame high so that you get a nice smoky flavor. Put them in your salad bowl. Add cherry tomatoes and parsley.

Mix all the ingredients of dressing nicely and pour over the sweet corn mixture. Add salt and pepper as per taste. Toss the salad well and serve warm with bites of salad greens or as filler for canopies.





No comments:

Post a Comment